The next version of Delegate365 is here! In Delegate365 version 3.9 we have even more cool features and improvements. The sync processes now offers a bunch of innovations for automatic assignments to Delegate365 OU’s and was unified with the automatic sync function. Another switch was implemented to prohibit Admins access to the user’s mailbox settings as well as the new options for branding Delegate365 with your company logo and themes. See the details here:
- Old Sync Options: In former versions od D365 (till version 3.8) the Sync function included the “User Sync Options” in the “sync” menu as shown here.
The User sync options have been changed.
- New Sync Options: In Version 3.9 the “User Sync Options” have been renamed to “Sync Options” and are available in the administration menu. The reason for outsourcing was, that the sync options now include much more options than before and the page is much longer.
The Sync Options define if new (or existing) objects coming from Azure Active Directory will be automatically assigned to a specific OU in Delegate365 if the OU-name comes along in a special property, like for example in the Exchange CustomAttribute1 or similar. The functionality is basically the same as before (see here), but with much more properties and more object types.
The Sync options now look like here: much more properties to use.
Now the Sync process can look into these user properties:
Usage location, Country, Department, Security group, City, Company, CustomAttribute1, CustomAttribute2, CustomAttribute3, CustomAttribute4, CustomAttribute5, CustomAttribute6, CustomAttribute7, CustomAttribute8, CustomAttribute9, CustomAttribute10, CustomAttribute11, CustomAttribute12, CustomAttribute13, CustomAttribute14, CustomAttribute15
Also - coming with this version - these importing rules can be set for other object types in AAD.
Now you also can auto-assign Contacts …
(with these contacts properties available: Office, Company, Department, Country, City)
… Rooms …
(with these room properties available: CustomAttribute1, CustomAttribute2, CustomAttribute3, CustomAttribute4, CustomAttribute5, CustomAttribute6, CustomAttribute7, CustomAttribute8, CustomAttribute9, CustomAttribute10, CustomAttribute11, CustomAttribute12, CustomAttribute13, CustomAttribute14, CustomAttribute15)
…and Shared Mailboxes.
(with these Shared Mailboxe properties available: CustomAttribute1, CustomAttribute2, CustomAttribute3, CustomAttribute4, CustomAttribute5, CustomAttribute6, CustomAttribute7, CustomAttribute8, CustomAttribute9, CustomAttribute10, CustomAttribute11, CustomAttribute12, CustomAttribute13, CustomAttribute14, CustomAttribute15)
Pls. note the switch “Use … options” at the beginning of each section.
This switch controls if the settings below will be used while syncing or not.
Also note that when syncing, at the end of each section there is a switch saying “Import only new …”. When set to “Yes”, then just new objects (not existing in Delegate365) are automatically assigned to an OU. If set to “No”, then existing object OU-assignments will be overwritten (if they apply).
When changing any settings in this page click “Save”.
The settings are saved for the Delegate365 tenant and will be used until changed again (or switched off).
- Sync: The Sync page now just contains the Sync button for performing a manual sync process anytime (as before). We just updated the text info and a link to the new “Sync options” as shown below.
- One Sync: In the background Delegate365 now uses exactly the same function for the automatic sync (which happens usually all 4 hours) and the manual sync. To make it clear: If automatic OU-assignments are set, both sync processes apply the sync options and will use the rules and priorities set there if switched on. BTW, all operations made by the sync processes are also audited!
- Restrict Admins for Mailbox settings: Global Admins now can restrict that Admins can access the individual user’s mailbox settings with a new switch. In the administration / manage administrators menu each admin’s permissions can be set by selecting the admin and clicking “Edit admin”.
In here the switches control the permission of each Admin.
The new switch “Manage mailbox settings” is set to “No” by default. If this is the case, this admin does not see the function “Mailbox” in the users list.
If the switch is set to “Yes”, the “Mailbox” function is visible for that admin as shown in the screenshot below.
With this switches Global Admins can restrict the permissions of other Admins.
- New Branding: Now it’s very easy to customize Delegate365 with your own company logo and a predefined color theme. As global Admin click on your login name in the upper right corner and select “My Company”.
In the “Company” settings you can upload your organization’s logo. You will get the best result if the logo has white color and a transparent background. If possible, use a PNG file. The logo will be automatically resized to maximum 150 x 50 pixels if the logo is too large to fit into the Delegate365 menu bar.
After selecting the logo the file will be uploaded and stored into the Delegate365 configuration.
When clicking “Save” the new logo will be applied and will be shown in the center of the menu bar (like in Office 365).
- New color themes: You can change the color theme of Delegate365 by selecting a predefined color scheme. Once you select a schema in the dropdown a small preview will show the new colors.
Color Schemes available are: atwork (the default color schema), red, green and lightblue.
The selected branding applies to the Delegate365 tenant – for all users in the web portal.
Click Save to apply the selected theme.
Again, a lot of new features in the newest version of Delegate365! We hope you like it, enjoy!
Delegate365 version 3.9 will be rolled out in the next days to all existing tenants.