Today we released Delegate365 version 4.3. Now the user types are shown in the users list to see these information at a glance. Custom views got new filters by user type and text search was generalized in the D365 portal. Also custom email addresses can be added now. See the details here....
- New type information in users list: The users list now got a new column “type” showing the type of the user object in Office 365. Since all “mailboxes” have a user object this column helps admins to see of what type the user is at a glance.
The type column works in the same way as the other user properties and can be searched, sorted and filtered (see below).
- Assign OU: The user “type” column is now also shown in the administration / assign module.
…and in the resources list as well.
- Unassign OU: The same goes for administration / unassign. The “type” column was added here as well.
- New filter by user type in custom views: Custom views got news filters for showing users by their type only. (The “public/private” switch was repositioned above the view name to separate it from the new user type switches.)
There are five “user types” which can be selected, interacting with each other: All user types, type user, type room, type equipment and type shared mailbox.
When selecting “all user types” to “Yes”, other marked types are set to “No”.
F.e. to select all resources, mark “equipment” and “room”.
When selecting “all user types” again, the other switches are automatically set to “No” again. Any combination is available here.
- Custom views depending on the user type: Office 365 creates a user object for each mailbox. So resources (rooms or equipment), shared mailboxes and users are visible in the users list.
With the new settings in custom views above Admins can define their own views depending on the user types and combine them with other filters, for example: “Unlicenses users”, “Unlicensed Shared Mailboxes”, and so on.
- Generalized text search: As described in Delegate365 version 4.2 the text search now works in the same way in ALL lists in the D365 portal. Text search now runs server-side which means that all items matching the search expression are delivered in the result list (and not just the items on the same page).
Search text must be confirmed by the ENTER key (or by clicking the search icon at the end of the field). This search is transferred to the server. The result is returned showing all items matching the search.
This now is the default behavior in all lists – even in the assign / unassign lists.
- Custom E-Mail addresses: The “Alias” menu was renamed to “EMail addresses” and extended as described here:
In former versions other email formats like X500 addresses could not be added. This has been changed. F.e. now Admins can manage SIP addresses in the common format (where the capitalized letters define the primary address name of that type, like SIP: or sip:…).
The task pane offers full management of all existing email addresses.
Items in the list can be selected and removed with the Remove-icon.
New email addresses can be set by type, name and domain.
An example of a X500-address would look like here:
”Save” writes the new EMail addresses of the specific user back to Office 365.
Now all types of email addresses are available in D365.
Delegate365 version 4.3 brings useful improvements. All versions of Delegate365 have been updated to version 4.3 today. We hope you like the new features!